Our Trade-in process is easy and stress free. To start, we come to you.
Just complete the basic form and send a few images. We'll come back to you with a price. That price will be conservative because we haven't seen the car. Usually we'll have to do some repairs plus we're bound by the Consumer Guarantees Act. That means the price we will pay is a wholesale price. There are plenty of advantages click here. We'll pick up your traded-in car for no charge from anywhere in NZ excluding some rural areas, islands or remote locations. Please let us know where the trade-in is located so we can let you know if there is a charge.
Once you agree to sell your car to us as a trade-in, we'll come to you to finalise the details. There's no cost to do this or to take your car away. If you're in a rural area, on an island or very remote we'll call first. We'll let you know when we'll be there and how we get the car back to our depot. Any extra costs will come off the trade-in price. Once we've agreed a price we'll apply that to the car you've purchased from Autoport.
DIY (Do It Yourself)
DIY is the best option to probably get the best price for your vehicle. Selling your vehicle yourself takes some effort, so here's some tips.
- Great pictures attract more buyers. Make sure the pictures are uncluttered, well lit and are taken at the right distance. Take close-ups of details that matter (eg. the dashboard, infotainment centre, aftermarket wheels).
- Great descriptions attract more buyers. Use emotion (why did you buy the car?), describe it's strengths, uses and translate those thoughts into your description.
- Get the maker details 100%. Make, model and sub-model details must be accurate as they add to the overall story.
- Features are important. People want to know all the features no matter how small. Make sure to list them all accurately.
- Buzz words hold peoples interest. Examples include "push button start", "LOW kms", "7 seats", "iPhone connectivity", "SUPER economical", "Twin Turbo", "Price Reduced".